Bright Star Auditions
Show Dates: April 5, 6, 7, 12 & 13, 2024
Director: Jennifer Corsanico Berger
Musical Direction: Ed Conrad
Choreographer: Samantha Kuhl
Please reserve your 1-hour audition slot at the Sign-Up button below. Please plan to arrive 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled slot.
During the first half hour we will hear vocals and readings. The second half hour will be a dance audition. All roles are open and non-paid.
- Music and sides: After you have signed up for your audition slot, you will be emailed the link to the character folders that include the music and sides to prepare for your audition. In the folders, you will also find materials to prepare if you are invited to callbacks.
- Dance: Please make sure to wear appropriate footwear and proper clothing. All auditionees will be asked to participate in the dance portion of audition. We encourage all levels of ability to audition.
- Audition Form: The audition form will be provided at the audition and is also provided in the audition materials link. Please review your calendars ahead of time so that you can provide any potential conflict dates on the audition form.
- Seeking: We are looking for a diverse, talented, and energetic cast. The Ensemble will play multiple characters throughout the show and is an integral part of the story telling. Must be able to sing and move well, ages 18+.
- Begin on January 7, 2024
- Sunday afternoons, Tuesday and Thursday evenings
Attendance is mandatory at the following rehearsals:
- Sitzprobe & Move-in – Sunday, March 24, 10am – 5pm
- Tech Week – April 1 – 4, starting at 6:00pm
- Strike – Sunday, April 14th, 10am
Questions? Please email jenkintownmusictheatre@gmail.
JMT is a volunteer organization that has been bringing community theater to Jenkintown and the surrounding area for over 70 years. As a community theater, we require the cast to contribute their time and talents to other aspects of production as well. These contributions may include, but are not limited to, building and painting sets, soliciting for ads and donations, and assisting with sourcing costumes and props. We are proud of the culture that we have built at JMT and look forward to welcoming faces old and new to our community.